PROCAMBIUM

It has been said long ago, that one cannot bend a tree

For if the trunk be bent, it may break and meet its end
I was mature, in life able, but grew on dried up concrete
Crooked, my leaves and bark malnourished, all dehydrated.

Attached to brittle walls, that gave me temporary nourishment
Yet such state of living, I found was lacking in grace and abundance
I took the path rather difficult, twas a path straight and narrow
Took a step forward, in high hopes and belief, to augment my stunted growth.

Prayed for my spirits to never lose lustre
Embarked in wisdom the sun has taught through weather
And as I grew deprived of soil, and endless supply of rain
Realising the presence of my life's mirrors,
I've come to terms with my pain.

I grew tormented in wrath and toil, never in life's pleasure
Yet walked by faith, in love I lived, and hope I brought my neighbours
Wished that I may live a life, full of joy and happiness
A life well-lived, of one that's worth,
A life well-fought, from tribulations.

Comments